Thursday, September 22, 2011

Almost Time to Go

Today is my last day of work. Tomorrow is my 49th Birthday. Saturday morning I head to Harpers Ferry and hit the Appalachian Trail for a one week solo section hike. I am as ready as I will ever be. I have prepared and planned. My plans always remain flexible and I hope my planning has been sufficient.

My pack will weigh in around 30 lbs. It feels pretty good on my back and hips and I think I will be able to tote it as many miles as I need each day.

My foot continues to hurt, but stretching and exercises along with vitamin I should keep me going.

At the very least, I want to make it to Pine Grove Furnace Park and the AT Museum. If all goes well I will make it to Boiling Springs and then back to Micheaux to stay in a Hostel and get my shuttle back to my car.

I am phyched and ready to finish up this last day of work...

No comments: