Friday, November 30, 2012

Rambling Thoughts



This is what my computer desktop looks like.  That line of weather widgets going up the middle of the screen are basically the way of the Appalachian Trail.  I thought it quite clever to use a screen shot of a map of the local area with the weather widgets placed in their (somewhat) proper place.  I also include a few nearby places of interest to get a quick snapshot of what is happening weather wise around here.

I like to see what conditions are like on my obsession (The AT) at all times.  This morning looks a mite cool.

At least a few times a day, I dream of getting back on the trail and just walking away.  It obsesses me to no end.  I'm always looking at other's gear lists and seeing what I can add to mine to make it lighter or better equipped.  I read trail journals all the time, living vicariously through them until I can write my own entries.

I have several sections planned.  All I need is the time off to do them. 

No comments: