Sunday, February 23, 2014

An AT Hike in the World of RPGs

The other day I was reading someone's post about the AT and they mentioned doing a "side quest"  My geeky brain immediately kicked into overdrive as I thought that hiking out there is so Hobbit like.

I could never comfortably play a real game of D&D, but when the computer games figured out how to do it, I had found my niche.

So as my mind started thinking of things to write about that compared and contrasted hiking and Middle Earth, I came up with the following Hiker Player Classes.

Chaotic evil - leaves trash, parties constantly, entitlement issues.

Chaotic good - will offer advice that gets you lost, plans big mile days, knows where all the AYCE places are.

Chaotic neutral - takes most blue blazes, doesn't fret making planned miles, might not show up at the agreed upon shelter.

True neutral - hikes own hike, makes friends easily, usually camps just past shelter.

Lawful neutral - purist tendencies, takes same trail out of shelter that he came in on, will fill your water bottles.

Lawful good - trail angle that hikes, lets you use all his gear, always has extra food.

Lawful evil - insists that "yur doin it wrong", the outspoken gear critic, knows how to bear bag three different ways (but uses food bag as pillow).

I think I have more to say about this...

EarthTone

No comments: