Sunday, May 24, 2009

School's Out

Well, all is done and I am back home and getting ready to wind down my old job, hand it off and take up the reins of my new job as the ET RFMC. The graduation was a blast. We all had a huge sense of accomplishment when it was all done, and it was done quite well I must say.

The last day was pretty busy. We did our wellness assessment in the morning and it went pretty good. I did better in the sit-up and push up area, but my run was only a few seconds faster then the first run. I don't know if it was because of the 10K we ran two days before or if I was just tired. I do remember having trouble breathing as we started due to those darn allergies.

We did the final routine, packed up and headed to the hotel. We had a few hours to relax then the fun began. I got to sit at the head table and the conversation was rather pleasant. When it was my turn to make my speech, I was a little nervous, but quickly warmed up to my audience who I had just spent the last month with. We were like family and the laughs and applause were at the right places. It was all over before I knew it.

We all hung out around the various bars afterward, not wanting it to be over, but ready to get back to our lives. I hit the hay around 0100 and was up early the next day. I ate some breakfast and then caught the bus to the airport.

The flight back was OK. Slept a little, but mainly just watched the TV and read some. We got in a little before midnight and there was my darling waiting for me at the baggage area.

It was good to be home.

We hand a nice long weekend, where I got back into the groove. Did some working out with the wife and got the pool set up and filled.

Tuesday was back to work and it was good. I am finishing up this job, walking down two flights of steps and starting a whole new adventure.

Wish me luck,

ETCM Joe Harold
ET RFMC

p.s. I will post my speech next.

No comments: