Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Nice February Day

Today after our usual early morning Spin Class, I took Ginger to Schram's Wood as is our usual routine. I always visit my camp site (PS) when we are in the woods. Today a made a quick fire even though the sun had come out and the temperature was approaching 60 degrees. I just like making fires. Ginger stays nearby as she explores this and that and I enjoy some fire making and solitude.

Today there was a huge vulture at the deer carcasses. It jumped into a tree as we walked past and Ginger didn't know what to make of it. I didn't let her approach and I don't think she really wanted to anyway.

After a quick fire and some work on the site, it was time to go. The vulture still was munching on the rotting deer but Ginger still didn't want to go near the big bird.

On Friday, we had a nice rain going and I went to the PS to try the Mini Inferno product in less than perfect conditions. I was successful, but it took a bit more work than usual. Here is a video of the task.



Spring is near. I'm pretty much ready for it.

I'll see you in the woods...

No comments: