Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Severn Run Dog Walk

Today I decided to give Ginger a little more woods then the usual Schram's Woods walk, so after doing our usual, we went over to Severn Run Natural Environment Area for a little exploring of the western side of the area.

We hopped into the van and headed down to Quarterfield Rd and parked at the beginning of a development where the path heads into the woods.

There are a lot of posted signs at the edge of the road, but we found the path and headed into the woods. At the beginning, there are quite a few brambles, but as you get deeper into the woods, the undergrowth thins out and the woods become more mature.

After we got well away from the road, I let Ginger off the leash and she was able to range into the woods on either side of the trail, smelling the smells of the woods and have a grand time.

We went in about a mile or so and all was going well when all of a sudden we saw about 5 or 6 white flags pop up about 30 yards away. Ginger takes off at these huge squirrel and of course she isn't listening to me now. I called after her, but she kept on and I was a little worried. I blew my whistle and saw that she was already coming back. I was glad she didn't disappear forever. I put her on the leash for a while and we continued our walk.

After a while we headed back to the van and returned home. It was a good time with some new sights and smells. I think Ginger had a blast.

No comments: