Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Tracking the Trail

After yesterday's work at the Museum, I did a short trip up to Pole Steeple and back through the park to get some new GPS tracks and some pictures of the areas of interest.

It was a cold day with freezing rain and sleet coming down.  It made for an interesting hike.  Especially near the rocks of Pole Steeple.  All were coated in ice.  I stayed well away from the edge.  I don't think I would have been able to cross any of the rocks anyway, they were so slick.  It was fun coming back down the stone steps.  I had to bypass the trail a lot to stay on leaves.

Any day is a good day to be in the woods.

Here is a visual rending of the hike.


Pole Steeple to Rt 233


EveryTrail - Find the best Hiking in Pine Grove Furnace State Park

No comments: