Sunday, March 11, 2012

Simple Woodcraft


sim·ple /ˈsimpəl/
Adjective:
Easily understood or done; presenting no difficulty.
wood·craft /ˈwo͝odˌkraft/
Noun:
Knowledge of the woods, esp. with reference to camping and other outdoor pursuits.
I like to keep things simple. When it comes to my woodcraft, I like to keep that simple too. When you think about it, all you are trying to do when you are in the woods is to simply continue on.
I love being in the woods. It is where I am most comfortable. I get a sense of well-being when I walk down the trail and the cover of the woods envelopes me. I feel as if I have come home.
I am by no means an expert. I am not here to dictate the one way a thing is to be done. The purpose of this column is to bring you along on a little hike with me. Maybe start a fire and talk about the things that can be done out here, simply, that make being in the woods a positive experience.
I hope you enjoy our time in the woods.
I'll see you out there...

No comments: