Saturday, March 3, 2012

What a Week...

This week has been one for the books. It started out OK. Lisa left on Monday night for Philly where she was flying down to Florida with her father and sister to have some family vacation time. On Tuesday, I braved the sucky outer loop to get to Bethesda for my oncology appointment. I left with two hours to spare, but of course there were two wreaks on the beltway and I ended up using an alternate route to get there. It still took a while, but I saved some time by going around.

That appointment went well, but it was a long day. After talking with the oncologist, we scheduled my surgery for the 15th of March. They are going to cut all around the spot on my arm and then stitch it up. I may lose a little bit of one of my tattoos, but I would rather be alive. After scheduling the appointment I spent about 3 hours doing the pre-op stuff, which was mostly waiting to be called in.

Earlier that week I had found out my Aunt Collette had suffered a stroke while in WV for my cousin's baby shower. She was in a hospital in Fredrick, MD and I found out Wednesday morning that she had passed.

The rest of Wednesday and Thursday was OK as well. I had my physical therapy on Thursday and on Friday I headed to Severna Park for our weekly wallyball league. On my way home I got a call from Lisa that Shauni and her boy friend had been hit by a car while crossing the street and the asshole left the scene. They only had some bruises and scratches, but it was scary none the less.

Today is Saturday and the week is almost over. What will next week bring.

Tomorrow morning I head to PA for my godmother's funeral. Let's hope that week is a better one.

No comments: