Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Book Worm

I am currently in the process of reading about 12 different books. Some I am actively reading and others I have started and set down for a spell. Some are real books, others are on my iPod Kindle and one is on a real Kindle that I checked out from the library.

The library book is a story of a man's survival during WWII after crashing into the ocean, spending over 40 days in a raft and then being taken prisoner by the Japanese. I am kind of skipping ahead at times as it is due in a few days and I won't be able to renew it. It took quite a few weeks to get the Kindle and it is still pretty popular.

My iPod Kindle books are (in no particular order):


  • Barefoot Sisters: Southbound; a story of two sisters hiking the AT.


  • Wilderness Survival; a good book on survival and bush craft techniques and the telling of three guys that went into the woods for a few months to see what they knew and would learn.


  • Winter's Passage; a free book I downloaded and really only read a few pages.


  • Becoming Odyssa; the story of Jennifer Pharr Davis AT thru-hike.


  • Writing Fiction for Dummies; to help me with my some day novel writing.


  • The Awakened; another free book I downloaded. I have read quite a bit, but have set aside for now.


  • Violet Dawn; one more free book. Read a bit and also set it down for now.


On my nightstand are four other books:



  • A Storm of Swords; book three of the Song of Ice and fire. I set it down for a while when something that pissed me off happened (which happens a lot in this series), but have recently picked it up again to finish it and move on to the forth book. ( I have finished this one since I started this post and now have book 4, A Feast For Crows on my night stand)


  • AWOL on the Appalachian Trail; another book on my obsession, hiking the AT.


  • A Michael Crichton Novel; something about pirates. Brought it from my Dads and have read a few chapters. Currently dormant.


  • Mockingjay; the last book of the Hunger Games trilogy. Back into it now to get it finished. I'm enjoying it a lot, like a lot of juvenile fiction.


I like to read, but sometimes I overextend myself. It isn't really hard for me to switch from one book to another. It's how I roll.

No comments: