Friday, February 3, 2012

Lisa

I haven't been at work much this week. I took Monday off after the long week before being at the CMC Training Summit and Lisa's surgery was Wednesday. I stayed at home the rest of the week to care for her and work as I could.

We headed to Bethesda Wednesday morning and arrived around 0630. I found a quick parking place and we checked in at the pre-op place. Before long Lisa was being wheeled into the OR and I headed up to the surgical waiting room. It was a total of 13 hours at the hospital and the procedure was successful. At least we hope it will be successful. There is a chance that the cyst can recur, but we are hoping that doesn't happen.

Lisa lost six teeth I think. She will eventually get implants or a bridge or some combination, but that is still down the road some. The took some bone from her tibia and that is where most of her pain is. They had a drain in there and before we left the discharge area it spewed a lot of blood down her leg. Luckily all the doctors were coming in to check on her and they cleaned her up and re-bandaged her leg.

Her lips are still pretty swollen and she has to wear a head bra to keep all her face muscles in the right place as she starts to heal.

Thursday was just resting and recovering. Today we headed back to Bethesda and they checked her out and removed the drain. All is going well, but she has a bit of recovery and healing to do.

I head to wallyball soon. I missed last week. I need to get the schedule so I can make up standings and a better looking printable schedule for the AA Divisions.

No comments: