Thursday, February 23, 2012

Live. Forever

It's funny the word live can be pronounced two different ways. One is what your doing and the other can be what you are. Tonight I decided to do a little Google search of Bob Marley, who I knew had died of Melanoma. One quick search opened up the usual worm hole which I promptly fell into.

One thing I discovered was that he died of a type of melanoma that isn't quite the same as mine, but what's the diff. His was under his toe nail. Talk about hard to detect. That type is more common for black and Asian types. He decided not to have his toe amputated due to his religion and that is what killed him.

I also found out that his last concert was in Pittsburgh (the city of my birth) on September 23rd, (the date of my birth) 1980, (the year of my graduation from high school). Whoa, too many parallels...

Now, I don't think I discovered Bob (and reggae) until 1981 or so, the year of his death. My then girlfriend introduced me to him after a vacation out west in California. I instantly loved this reggae music. The beat was awesome and crisp. The lyrics were cool.

So after discovering these amazing things, I quickly downloaded the album to my iPod and headed to the woods with Ginger, listening to his last concert in the city of my birth.

We spent a little time walking the woods and listening to this amazing LAST concert of an amazing man.

The boys showed up as I had a little fire going and we walked around until dark. I still have some listening to do, but this album will be a strong part of me for the next few months at least.

Time to fight...

No comments: