Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hiker Blessing

 ”May the sun bring you energy by day,

  May the moon softly restore you by night,

  May the rain wash away your worries,

  May the breeze blow new strength into your being.

  May you walk gently through the world

    and know its beauty all the days of your life.”

You will find this all over the Interwebs listed as an Apache Blessing or Apache Wedding Blessing.  When I first saw it, I did a Snopes search to see if it was bullshit as usually is the case.  I didn't find anything then, but have since found some references to it being from some old movie based on a historical fiction book. 

This makes no matter to me as the words them self ring true to me as a Hiker.  Each of the weather events mentioned in the saying will be encountered during a hike.  Most will make you uncomfortable in some way.  If you can take each and turn it into a positive thing, you are halfway to being successful in your hike.

Take it for what it's worth.  I like it.

No comments: