Saturday, February 2, 2013

Fullfilling your Biological Purpose

During a recent drunken soppy discussion with my Sister-in-law, I started thinking about what I have accomplished on this planet in the 50 years I have occupied it.  I have thought of this subject off and on over the years and I figured I would write a few of those thoughts down today.

Basically, your biological purpose is to grow to maturity, reproduce, raise those offspring to maturity or at least self-sufficiency, then die.  That's it...

I have accomplished all but the last one...

Now, as humans, parasitically using this planet, we can do so much more.  Not all of it good, but some of us, do try to make a positive difference in the world.

Ever since I became self aware, I have always had this strong feeling that I was here for a purpose.  That I had something to do here.  Something to accomplish.  I never knew what it was, but it was always there, looming in front of me, guiding me on.  Keeping me going.  I have come to realize that having my girls and raising them into the beautiful, intelligent women they have become is a part of that purpose.

I'm not ready to say I'm done yet, but I feel a constant delight when I think of the two daughters that have sprung from my loins. 

I will continuously add to my  bucket list since I fear that if I do everything on it, it would be time to die.  My goal is to have a large list of things I'll never do when I actually do kick the bucket.






No comments: